Yesterday, we saw Rob Lowe as John F. Kennedy from the upcoming Killing Kennedy. Now we have a first look at his TV wife, Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie Kennedy. Thoughts? Are you buying it? Click over to HitFix to see the full versions of both images.
Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive first look at Rob Lowe as John F. Kennedy in the upcoming National Geographic TV movie Killing Kennedy, based on the book by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard. Click the thumbnail to see the full image. His pose is based on the well-known official portrait of Kennedy, and looks eerily similar, but of course it helps that we can’t really see his face. Do you think you’ll be able to buy Lowe as Kennedy, or will seeing him primarily as Rob Lowe/Sam Seaborn/Chris Traeger/etc. get in the way?
In the wake of the History Channel’s success with their miniseries The Bible, which has its finale this weekend on Easter Sunday, others are planning to get into the game. National Geographic Channel is following up their successful Killing Lincoln production (and forthcoming Killing Kennedy) with a third adaptation of Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s series, this one Killing Jesus. Meanwhile, Michael Landon Jr. is writing and producing miniseries Jesus of Nazareth for MPCA. Neither production has begun casting yet, so hey, any ideas? Who would you cast as Jesus, Mary, Pontius Pilate, and other iconic figures?
And some reviews, which are . . . not great:
- The Hollywood Reporter: Killing Lincoln: TV Review
- The L.A. Times: ‘Killing Lincoln’ review: An epic tale tediously told
- The New York Times: Lincoln, the Play and Everything After
- Slate: The Deadly Dull Killing Lincoln
- The Washington Post: Nat Geo’s ‘Killing Lincoln’: An ambitious but strange docu-drama
- Zap2it: ‘Killing Lincoln’: Abraham Lincoln was ‘martyred,’ John Wilkes Booth was ‘vilified’
Anyone planning to watch?