Any Justified fans in the mood for more from the Florida Crowes? Check out this video interview with Michael Rapaport, Alicia Witt, A.J. Buckley, and Jacob Lofland.
During his TCA press tour presentation yesterday, FX Networks CEO John Landgraf confirmed the rumors that season six would be the last season of drama Justified.
“It was [showrunner] Graham Yost and Timothy Olyphant’s decision,” he said. “I would have liked to have had more Justified. It’s one of my favorite shows.”
Justified, based on the work of Elmore Leonard, is currently airing season five, so I assume this means the final season will air in early 2015. Thoughts? While I’ll be sad to see such a good show go, I am a big fan of letting shows end on their own terms and in a good place, creatively, so I can’t really complain.
There’s a new episode of Justified called “The Kids Aren’t All Right” on FX tonight at 10/9c. Here’s a promo for the hour:
- Zoe Saldana will star in the Rosemary’s Baby miniseries.
- Here’s a first look at images from The Strain.
- Stan Lee himself will appear on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and here’s a picture from filming.
- Check out the Black Sails opening credits.
- Nothing official yet, but Justified may end after season six.
- Here’s another picture from Outlander as well as an interview with showrunner Ron Moore.
- And here’s Damon Lindelof talking about The Leftovers.
New episodes of Justified, starring Timothy Olyphant and based on the work of the late Elmore Leonard, return to FX tonight at 10/9c. Here are a few new trailers the network has released. I’m pretty excited to have this show back – anyone else?
Good news! FX has announced that season five of Justified will premiere on January 7th in its usual timeslot of Tuesdays at 10/9c. And according to HitFix, Jere Burns is now part of the regular cast. Interesting. Are you looking forward to the new season?
- Joel Fry will appear in season four of Game of Thrones as Hizdahr zo Loraq.
- Justified has added Michael Rapaport for a major role in season five.
- Richard Coyle, Claire Foy, and Tracy Ifeachor have joined NBC pirate drama Crossbones, based on The Republic of Pirates.
- Downton Abbey alumna Jessica Brown Findlay will star in BBC One’s adaptation of Daphne du Maurier’s Jamaica Inn.
- Brady Corbet has been cast in the HBO Olive Kitteridge miniseries.
- Beth Riesgraf will guest star on Killer Women.
- Bailey Noble has been promoted to series regular on True Blood.
The Edgar Awards were handed out last week by the Mystery Writers of America, and this year’s TV Episode Teleplay award went to the Sherlock episode “A Scandal in Belgravia.” Congratulations, Sherlock! The other nominees included episodes of adaptations Elementary, Justified, and Longmire, as well as an episode of Homeland. You can see all the nominees and winners here.
Justified‘s fourth season came to an end on Tuesday night with “Ghosts,” and I’ll admit I have somewhat mixed feelings about this one. At the beginning of the season, I really liked the fact that they were attempting an overarching mystery plot, but I think I wound up liking it better in theory than in execution. As with most long mystery plots, it wound up being fairly convoluted and sometimes hard to follow exactly what was going on and how it all connected. But at the same time, week to week, this was still one of my favorite shows on TV; they did do a good job of making every week an interesting set piece even if the way they all connected was sometimes hard to follow. I liked the way the finale spent plenty of time on both Raylan and Boyd, and set them up to be in new, interesting situations in season five. And that final scene with Raylan is definitely one of those TV moments that sticks with you.
Here’s some coverage of the end of the season, including a bunch of interviews with showrunner Graham Yost about the finale and what’s to come. If you have some good ones I missed, put them in the comments!
- AV Club: Graham Yost talks Justified, Speed, and… Full House?
- EW.com: ‘Justified’ season finale postmortem: EP Graham Yost talks ‘Ghosts’ (and looks ahead to season 5)
- Grantland: Justified Season 4 Finale: Haunted by the ‘Ghosts’ of Harlan County
- HitFix: ‘Justified’ producer Graham Yost looks back on the mysteries of season 4
- HitFix: Season finale review: ‘Justified’ – ‘Ghosts’: Suspended animation
- HuffPost TV: ‘Justified’ Finale: Timothy Olyphant On Raylan And Boyd’s Dynamic, His Relationship With Winona And More
- TV Guide: Justified Postmortem: Graham Yost Answers Our Burning Questions
- TVLine: Justified Boss on [Spoiler]’s Shocking Fate, Boyd’s Dark(er) Path – Plus: Season 5 Scoop!