Did you miss HBO’s Making The Leftovers special earlier this week? Never fear: They’ve put the whole thing online!
HBO has released two new promos associated with The Leftovers, which premieres on June 29th. But first, they’ll debut special “Making The Leftovers” on June 18th:
And here’s promo “Loss:”
The Leftovers premieres on HBO on June 29th, and in this video EP Damon Lindelof and stars Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Chris Zylka, and Liv Tyler preview the show. I’m always wary when a showrunner insists that the audience shouldn’t care much about a show’s central mystery, but that method did work pretty well in the book, so . . . we’ll see.
- Zoe Saldana will star in the Rosemary’s Baby miniseries.
- Here’s a first look at images from The Strain.
- Stan Lee himself will appear on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and here’s a picture from filming.
- Check out the Black Sails opening credits.
- Nothing official yet, but Justified may end after season six.
- Here’s another picture from Outlander as well as an interview with showrunner Ron Moore.
- And here’s Damon Lindelof talking about The Leftovers.
It’s been reported at TV Guide and elsewhere that HBO has given a ten-episode series order to The Leftovers, based on the Rapture-centric novel by Tom Perrotta. Damon Lindelof (Lost) is writing and showrunning. The show stars Liv Tyler, Justin Theroux, Christopher Eccleston, Amy Brenneman, Chris Zylka, Max and Charlie Carver, and more. Anyone read the book? I’ve liked other Perrotta but haven’t read this one yet.
- Natalie Zea has joined Under the Dome.
- The Leftovers pilot has added Christopher Eccleston, Carrie Coon, Ann Dowd, and Amanda Warren.
- Five actors have joined Killing Kennedy, including Will Rothhaar as Lee Harvey Oswald.
- Christian Kane will guest star on King and Maxwell.
- Skipp Sudduth has been cast on Quarry.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Justin Theroux (John Adams, Parks and Rec) will play the lead in Damon Lindelof’s HBO pilot based on Tom Perrotta’s novel The Leftovers, about people left behind after the Rapture. His character, Kevin Garvey, will be a police chief (rather than the mayor as in the novel), “a man trying to maintain some semblance of normalcy in a world that is starting to completely reject that notion.” Anyone read The Leftovers yet? Will Theroux make a good Kevin Garvey?
Vulture is reporting that HBO has picked up its pilot based on Tom Perrotta’s novel The Leftovers, about the people left behind a few years after the Rapture. Damon Lindelof and Perrotta are working on the pilot together. No casting news yet, but we’ll let you know.