In this featurette from NBC, Crossbones cast members John Malkovich, Richard Coyle, Chris Perfetti, Claire Foy, and Tracy Ifeachor talk about what’s to come in the first season of the show and give a bit of background on their characters. Crossbones will premiere on May 30th.
NBC has released the first trailer for their upcoming show Crossbones, which is based on the book The Republic of Pirates and stars John Malkovich as Blackbeard. It will premiere on May 30th.
The Bones season finale will air on Monday, May 12th.
NBC’s Undateable will premiere on May 29th, and Crossbones on May 30th.
Danielle Panabaker and Carlos Valdes will be bringing their characters from the Flash spinoff to an episode of Arrow.
Garret Dillahunt will guest star on Elementary.
Dwight Yoakam has been cast on the second season of Under the Dome.
- The newest intern on Bones will be played by Ignacio Serricchio.
- Dichen Lachman will guest star on The 100.
- We still don’t have a date for pirate drama Crossbones, but here’s a new photo of John Malkovich as Blackbeard along with a Q&A with EP Walter F. Parkes.
- And here’s a Wayward Pines photo and Q&A with M. Night Shyamalan.
- Thomas Dekker will be a regular on Backstrom. And Fox Chairman Kevin Reilly talks about why his network picked up the show.
- Arrow has added Katrina Law and Nicholas Lea.
- Outlander has cast Aislin McGuckin and Liam Carney.
- Kelly Rutherford will guest star on Bones.
- Crossbones has added Stuart Wilson.
- Hope Davis and Justin Kirk have been cast as recurring guest stars on Wayward Pines.
- Bill Murray has joined Olive Kitteridge.
- Sean Maher will guest star on Arrow.
- McKayla Maroney and Richard Schiff will guest star on Bones.
- Adina Porter has been promoted to series regular on True Blood.
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland has cast Peta Sergeant, Zuleikha Robinson, and Whoopi Goldberg.
- Ezra Buzzington will recur on Crossbones.
- BBC America has set the cast for Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, and it includes Eddie Marsan, Bertie Carvel, Alice Englert, Marc Warren, Samuel West, Charlotte Riley, Enzo Cilenti, and Paul Kaye.
- Joel Fry will appear in season four of Game of Thrones as Hizdahr zo Loraq.
- Justified has added Michael Rapaport for a major role in season five.
- Richard Coyle, Claire Foy, and Tracy Ifeachor have joined NBC pirate drama Crossbones, based on The Republic of Pirates.
- Downton Abbey alumna Jessica Brown Findlay will star in BBC One’s adaptation of Daphne du Maurier’s Jamaica Inn.
- Brady Corbet has been cast in the HBO Olive Kitteridge miniseries.
- Beth Riesgraf will guest star on Killer Women.
- Bailey Noble has been promoted to series regular on True Blood.
Yesterday, NBC announced its fall schedule, including three of its new adaptations. Dracula will air on Fridays at ten in the fall, and Crossbones will take over that timeslot at midseason. About a Boy will also premiere in midseason, on Tuesdays at 9:30. Undateable does not have a timeslot yet. Here are the official sites and excerpts from the descriptions for each show. Click through to see pictures, information about the cast, and more:
Dracula: “It’s the late 19th century, and the mysterious Dracula has arrived in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. He’s especially interested in the new technology of electricity, which promises to brighten the night – useful for someone who avoids the sun. But he has another reason for his travels: he hopes to take revenge on those who cursed him with immortality centuries earlier. Everything seems to be going according to plan… until he becomes infatuated with a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.”
Crossbones (based on The Republic of Pirates): “It’s 1715 on the Bahamian island of New Providence, the ﬁrst functioning democracy in the Americas, where the diabolical pirate Edward Teach, a.k.a. Blackbeard (John Malkovich), reigns over a rogue nation of thieves, outlaws and miscreant sailors. Part shantytown and part marauder’s paradise, this is a place like no other on Earth – and a mounting threat to international commerce.”
About a Boy: “After writing a hit song, Will Freeman was granted a life of free time, free love and freedom from ﬁnancial woes. Now he’s single, unemployed and loving it. So when Marcus (the oddly charming 11-year-old next door neighbor) stops by, Will’s not so sure about being a kid’s new best friend… until Will discovers that women ﬁnd single dads hot. Well, that changes everything. A deal is struck: Marcus will pretend to be Will’s son, and in return Marcus is allowed to chill at Will’s house, playing ping-pong and gorging on steaks – something Marcus’ single, needy (and very vegan) mother would never allow.”
Undateable: “When confident slacker Danny Beeman (‘Whitney’s’ Chris D’Elia) takes Justin on as a roommate, Danny unwittingly inherits Justin’s group of romantically challenged friends. Seeing himself as the ultimate player, Danny decides to teach the crew (whom he dubs ‘The Undateables’) everything he knows about ‘the game of love.'”