- Colin Firth will be the voice of Paddington! Nicole Kidman has also joined the movie.
- Lily Rabe will play Commander Lyme in the Mockingjay movies.
- Gone Girl has cast Emily Ratajkowski as Andie.
- Allison Janney and Christina Hendricks doing Joan Didion? (Book of Common Prayer, specifically.) Yes please.
- Jessica Brown Findlay has joined Frankenstein.
- Albert Brooks has joined the voice cast of The Little Prince, which also includes James Franco, Rachel McAdams, Jeff Bridges, Benicio Del Toro, and Paul Giamatti.
- The Cymbeline update has cast Delroy Lindo.
- Emma Watson will star in the adaptation of Your Voice in My Head.
The big-screen adaptation of Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl), already set to star Charlize Theron, Chloe Moretz, and Nicholas Hoult, seems to be rounding out its casting. According to a Deadline exclusive, Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) has joined the cast, along with Corey Stoll, Andrea Roth, and Tye Sheridan. Here’s the publisher’s description of the novel:
Libby Day was seven when her mother and two sisters were murdered in “The Satan Sacrifice” of Kinnakee, Kansas.” She survived—and famously testified that her fifteen-year-old brother, Ben, was the killer. Twenty-five years later, the Kill Club—a secret secret society obsessed with notorious crimes—locates Libby and pumps her for details. They hope to discover proof that may free Ben. Libby hopes to turn a profit off her tragic history: She’ll reconnect with the players from that night and report her findings to the club—for a fee. As Libby’s search takes her from shabby Missouri strip clubs to abandoned Oklahoma tourist towns, the unimaginable truth emerges, and Libby finds herself right back where she started—on the run from a killer.
- Emma Watson is producing and starring in Queen of the Tearling, based on a forthcoming trilogy by Erika Johansen. She’s working with Harry Potter producer David Heyman.
- Christina Hendricks will star as the main character’s mother in Measure of a Man, based on Robert Lipsyte’s One Fat Summer.
- The Rules of Inheritance (based on Claire Bidwell Smith’s memoir) will star Jennifer Lawrence.
- Joseph Morgan, Walton Goggins, Ron Perlman, and Nicole Badaan will star in an adaptation of Craig Clevenger’s Dermaphoria.
- Keira Knightley is in talks to star in The Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch. It’s based on Andrew Hodges’s biography Alan Turing: The Enigma.