Hope for us fans of pioneer girls and also The Hour! Variety reports that Abi Morgan’s Little House on the Prairie adaptation, originally in development at Sony, is now in the works at Paramount Pictures. Now, this is apparently based on the show not the book, but . . . it will be interesting to see what that means in practice. I’d like to see what Morgan would do with the later books, actually – The Long Winter through These Happy Golden Years would make for an interesting miniseries about the founding of a community and Morgan would do a good job with all the interpersonal politics and cultural shifts – but, alas, that’s not what’s actually happening. Still! I am eager to see who they cast, if they get to that point. (How about Maggie Elizabeth Jones?)
- BBC America is co-producing a drama based on the life of James Bond author Ian Fleming and starring Dominic Cooper.
- Amazing: BBC to recreate Netherfield Ball for 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice
- Casting has begun for USA Network’s untitled Elmore Leonard pilot.
- A modern Taming of the Shrew written by Abi Morgan and starring Anne Hathaway? Sign me up.
- Dan Brown has a new Robert Langdon book coming our way in May.
- Relaunched ‘X-Men’ comic will feature an all-female cast