[SPOILERS BELOW FOR LAST WEEK’S EPISODE OF ARROW.]
There is, of course, one main thing I want to talk about regarding “Seeing Red” – MOIRA. Oh, Moira. I’m so sad. I loved Moira Queen as a character, with all her flaws and all her strengths. And I loved the complicated Queen family dynamics. Before she died, she told Oliver that she knew his secret – but did not, of course, articulate what exactly she knew. If Oliver assumes she figured out the truth, though, and approved, hopefully that will give him some peace. Of course, Moira’s death opens up some interesting new directions for Oliver and Thea, but still. Sad.
Oh, and the other thing we should talk about: The flashbacks and their revelations. First: Oliver and Laurel were kind of adorable, and I would totally watch that flashback as a teen soap. And more importantly, presumably, for the story: We learned that Oliver may have a child out there somewhere – and that Moira paid the mother to tell Oliver she miscarried and go away forever. This could go interesting places, I suppose, but I’m . . . concerned. We’ll see.
Other favorite lines & points of interest:
- “Felicity, I don’t think there’s a force on earth that could make you a bad person.” Ugh, forget Felicity/Oliver, let’s have Felicity/Diggle.
- At one point Felicity magically calls two people’s cell phones at the same time. How?
- “Mopey’s your default, Ollie. It’s part of your smoldering charm.” “I do have smoldering charm.”
- “Now, I’m going to go upstairs to the stockroom, and if I get attacked by some shot glasses, I’ll call 911.”
- “Lurking seemed like a good compromise.” “Yeah, well. It’s not.”
- “The bottle says the proper dose – ” “Is all of it.”
- “No one dies tonight.”
- “I just care about you too much to be with you.” AGAIN. Over this.